Wednesday 24 April 2013

Soldier Costumes for ‘Our Country’s Good’



‘Our Country’s Good’ is a popular choice of play for Year 12’s exploring the class system that operated in a convict camp in Australia during the 1790’s, with most of the characters based on real people.

The play was written by British playwright Timberlake Wertenbaker in 1988 and was adapted from the novel The Playmaker by Thomas Keneally.

The play is set in New South Wales and follows the fortunes of a group of Royal Marines and convicts who have been sent to Australia to form part of the first penal colony there.

Admiral Costumes have some lovely red military jackets suitable for this play, with trousers or white breeches, tricorns and soldier hats.

For more information on our costumes for this play, please visit www.admiralcostumes.co.uk/military or give us a call on 01908 372504




2 comments:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. click here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey what a brilliant post I have come across and believe me I have been searching out for this similar kind of post for past a week and hardly came across this. Thank you very much and will look for more postings from you. Blog Comments …….. Link Building

    ReplyDelete